An exhibition of items purchased as part of the campaign "My contribution to the national heritage" was held in the building of the Museum "Friendship of Peoples and Religious Tolerance" in
Samarkand region on December 13.The exhibition was organized by the Agency of Cultural Heritage, Samarkand State Museum-Reserve.
A number of rare objects found by the employees of the Samarkand State Museum-Reserve during their scientific expeditions throughout the region and the republic and purchased from the population were displayed at the exhibition.
In particular, among the exhibits,
- A two-thousand-year-old bronze cauldron of the Saks found in Payarik,
- bronze mirrors related to the 2nd century BC and the 14th century AD,
- a collection of 180 silver coins from the Karakhanid era,
- 236 dinars and dirhams of the Chigatai Khans,
- there are silk carpets, antique jewelry, historical costumes and paintings.
These objects will serve to enrich the exposition of museums planned to be organized under the management of the museum-reserve in the future.
Press-service of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan
Government Portal of the Republic of Uzbekistan
The Senate of the Oliy Majlis of the Republic of Uzbekistan
The Legislative Chamber of Oliy Majlis of the Republic of Uzbekistan
Online legislation base of the Republic of Uzbekistan
State Inspectorate for Supervision of Communications, Information and communication technologies
Copyright © 2010 – 2018. Samarkand regional government. It is required to have an active link to www.samarkand.uz when using site materials.